[wpkg-users] Push Install WPKG with Psexec (Falko Trojahn)

Christopher Rector crector at siumed.edu
Fri Dec 9 23:08:24 CET 2011

Try using this format for the command for psexec

psexec \\machinename or @host.xml -u domainname\user -p yourpassword
msiexec /i "\\servername\folder\WPKG Client 1.3.9-x32.msi" /qb
SETTINGSFILE=\\servername\folder\settings.xml

Make sure that your psexec user is a member of the domain admins or
admin user on the local machine. Also omit the quotes around the
host.xml and  settings file areas if there are no additional spaces in
the folder names.
I've used this exact command to deploy the client to our whole domain in
about 10 minutes.

The way you have the command set it looks like your trying to deploy
from a local folder on each machine, I have the command set to run from
a server share or folder.

Works like a charm!

--
Christopher Rector, MCSE