[wpkg-users] Push Install WPKG with Psexec

Falko Trojahn nospam_ft at smi-softmark.de
Fri Dec 9 10:54:53 CET 2011

Hello,

>>> The server from which i ran the psexec command runs Windows 2003 R2 x64,
>>> while the target PC runs Windows XP x64.
>>>
>>> So, again, what am i doing wrong?
>>
>> Did you copy the files to C:\Temp on all the computers you want to
>> install them to?
>> If not, put them on a network share and install from there instead.
>> I install WPKG by a startup script that also checks that the service
>> is set to automatic.
>>
>> /David
>>
> I moved the installation files in a network share and ran the command
> again (from the server, ofc), but - again - nothing happens on the
> target client apart from the messages in the event viewer i posted before.
>
> I really don't know what else to try, i follwed the instructions step by
> step (apart from putting the .xml files on the root directory of the
> server, but i don't think this can be a matter).

Are you sure, that "domain\useradmin" has administrative rights on the
local computers?

I'd suggest to go to a target machine, run the psexec command locally
using cmd.exe instead of msiexec, and then within cmd.exe run msiexec
manually to get an idea what's wrong.

BTW:
 >>> The WPKG client is a small file, but i doubt it can auto-install
 >>> itself in
 >>> less than one second.
If you specify the parameter -d, that means "Don't wait for process to
terminate", so psexec starts the command and then exits instantly.

Best regards,
Falko