[wpkg-users] Push Install WPKG with Psexec

Falko Trojahn nospam_ft at smi-softmark.de
Fri Dec 9 15:54:18 CET 2011

Hi,

> Ok, now i'm even more confused XD
>
> - I went to the target machine
> - I opened a dos prompt
> - I went to the pstools directory (c:\pstools)
> - I ran the command "psexec -h -u domain\useradmin -p password cmd.exe:
> another command prompt opened
> - at the NEW prompt i ran the command "net use x:
> \\serverip\wpkg\client\install" and pressed enter: the command completed
> successfully
> - i ran the command x: to go to the new x directory and simply run the
> msi: it opened
> - i ran the msiexec /i \WPKG_Client_1.3.14-x64.msi /qb
> SETTINGSFILE="\\serverip\wpkg\client\istall\settings.xml" and the
> program has been installed, even with correct settings.xml imported
>
> I don't know really what to think: seems to be a sort of pathfinding
> issue maybe, but i have no idea about how to solve it.

sounds like a name server problem. You could try

ping serverip
ping servername
ping servername.your.domain

My guess: the first one will succeed, the second maybe fail - and the
last perhaps succeed.

So this could be an issue with network setup, there the local computer
has no domain assigned.

Or you can just live with that - use the serverip for the msi path when
starting psexec.

br,
Falko