[wpkg-users] Batch file not working

Falko Trojahn nospam_ft at smi-softmark.de
Mon Dec 12 18:37:17 CET 2011

Hi,

> The .bat contains the following lines:
>
> cd /D %userprofile%\appdata\roaming\thunderbird\Profiles
> for /D %%f in (*.default) do cd
> "%userprofile%\appdata\roaming\thunderbird\Profiles\%%f\"
> rd extensions /s /q
>
> I then added the corrispondent line to the package
>
> <install cmd='"\\servername\wpkg\software\Mozilla
> Thunderbird\deletelightning.bat"' />
>
> If i run the .bat file from the target PC, the folder is correctly deleted.
> If the .bat is run via wpkg package, it returns an error
>
> "Could not process (install) package 'Mozilla Thunderbird' (Mozilla
> Thunderbird):|Exit code returned non-successful value (2) on command
> '"\\servername\wpkg\software\Mozilla Thunderbird\deletelightning.bat"' and
> the folder is not deleted.
>
> Where am i wrong?

Wpkg runs as system user (usually), so you cannot use %userprofile% of a
logged in computer user. Perhaps you could make something like a
"foreach" loop to go thru all user's profiles and delete the
corresponding path. Or better use a domain logon script or something
like that.

But for sure, you should be careful, to not delete wrong data ...

Best regards,
Falko