[wpkg-users] Push Install WPKG with Psexec

David Petterson david at ifm.liu.se
Tue Dec 13 08:34:58 CET 2011

> If you can "pass" me that script i will be more than happy to use it instead
> of wasting hours trying to make psexec work with wpkg client. :)

I use a two parted script for this, they are not very pretty, but they
work! I have plans to do a version check to be able to upgrade the WPKG
client to the latest version, but since I can upgrade the WPKG client by
using WPKG, it is not that critical.
I made them when I upgraded from WPKG client version 1.2 to 1.3.9, and
the upgrade failed on several clients.

The first script called wpkg.cmd is called by my startup.cmd and will
check that a 64-bit system does not run a 32-bit client. It will send a
mail using "blat" to an address you specify, using an existing
SMTP-server in your system. If you dont want that, just remove the two
lines before GOTO :EOF.
Previously I also set autostart to delayed autostart, but after a while
I changed it back since it conflicted with Windows Update also starting
delayed. It will also change the dependens for the service to make sure
that the network is started before WPKG runs. This was a big problem
with Windows 7, and WPKG run very badly without a network! ;)

The second script is located on another server, but can run from
wherever you put the MSI files and the config xml.
I have not upgraded to the latest WPKG client, because I have had bad
experience upgrading the client before, and I dont want to fix what aint
broken.

If any of you have ideas how to make it better, please share! :)

/David

--
David Petterson <david at ifm.liu.se>		Phone: +46(0)13-28 2617
Systems Administrator