[wpkg-users] Register sysinfo.ocx

David Petterson david at ifm.liu.se
Tue Dec 13 12:09:28 CET 2011

On 2011-12-12 22:48, Cedric Frayssinet wrote:
> Hi all ;)
>
> I've a problem with Chroma, a french little software of Physics :
> http://www.sciences-edu.net/physique/chroma/chroma.htm
>
> This software need to register sysinfo.ocx. I think the command line is :
>
> <install cmd="regsvr32 /s %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\SYSINFO.OCX"/>
>
> But it doesn't work. I've no error... but Chroma fails to start. I
> need to go on the PC, execute Chroma with an admin profil et Chroma
> starts with others profiles...
>
> Do you have any idea ?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Cédric

I work in a department with a lot of badly written lab software that
requires admin rights to start. Many of these softwares can be run as a
regular user if you change the ACL so that users can write to certain
folders within the main folder for the application, eg tmp or userdata.
Some other software need to write changes to the registry.
Take a "snapshot" of the registry and the program folder right after
install and then start the program as an administrator.
Take a new snapshot and compare the two for changes.
I havnt found any good software to do this, so I just create a list of
files and export the registry to compare later.

/David

--
David Petterson <david at ifm.liu.se>		Phone: +46(0)13-28 2617
Systems Administrator