[wpkg-users] Batch file not working

Falko Trojahn nospam_ft at smi-softmark.de
Tue Dec 13 13:41:46 CET 2011

Hello Claudio,

> Yeah, the problem in using a logon script is that it should be timed to run
> exactely after Thunderbird upgrade and before the new Lightning install.
>
> I don't think it's possible.
that's a problem, indeed. If I remember well, some time ago people on
this list used two wpkg systems - one for WPKG client as system service,
and one for the logon script - to get things done.

> Btw, i am forced to use the %userprofile% variable since ufortunately the
> default location of that DAMNED calendar (i have yeto to understand why it
> cannot be integrated directly in Thunderbird from the start) is
> %userprofile%\appdata\roaming\thunderbird\Profiles\random.profilefolder\extensions.
> And i cannot simply delete the thunderbird folder because the users would
> lose all the old calendar entries, mail settings and message filters.

So the easiest script would do the following (schematically):

loop thru all %userprofile%..\* folders as %i
   if exist %i\appdata\roaming\thunderbird\profiles.ini
      get name of real folder from profiles.ini as %j
      delete
%i\appdata\roaming\thunderbird\%j\extensions\{42b649d0-62e0-11da-8cd6-0800200c9a66}
   end if
endloop

Instead of "get name of real folder from profiles.ini ..." you could
loop thru all folders within thunderbird\Profiles\, this should do
pretty much the same as there is usually only one profile folder in.

HTH,
Falko