[wpkg-users] Thunderbird extensions

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 20:05:59 CEST 2011

> On 7/14/2011 12:02 PM, John Danks wrote:
> > That's the same type of package definition I use for TB add-ons. I'd
> > double-check that you extracted the XPI correctly and see if it's
> > actually getting copied to the correct place.
> >
> > sogo-integrator is not addons.mozilla.org and the link to
> it's website
> > from Freshmeat is 404, so maybe the add-on was not updated for the
> > version of TB you're using? Does it work if you install it manually?
> >
> It does work if I install manually. I did upgrade to the latest one
> also. It does copy to the correct folder and I re-extracted
> the contents
> just in case. I am at a loss.Any ideas?

The latest release of Firefox does not extract all add-ons, just the ones which really need to.

I am currently installing AddBlockPlus by copying the XPI file to the extensions folder, that's all.

You should check if this can be done with the other add-on too.

It seems there is something going on in addition to extracting the add-on and this step is currently missing.

---
Stefan