[wpkg-users] dia uninstall

Mario Kerecki mario.kerecki at gallusentertainment.com
Thu Mar 17 19:47:28 CET 2011

Hi All,

I just installed dia according to the quickstart guide, the install went
perfectly, but the uninstall failed.

I believe this is because we have winxp 64 bit and the variable in the
remove command does not point to the x86 directory on windows:

<remove cmd='%PROGRAMFILES%\dia\dia-0.97.1-1-uninstall.exe /S' />

I tried changing the line to this:

<remove cmd='C:\Program Files (x86)\dia\dia-0.97.1-uninstall.exe /S' />

but still no joy. This isn't terribly urgent, I just wanted to know how
to deal with both 32 bit and 64 bit programs prior to mass deploying
WPKG.

cheers
-m