[wpkg-users] déploiement wpkg client

Gregory LAVILLA g.lavilla at fnag.eu
Thu Mar 3 15:42:00 CET 2011

Hello,

To improve our deployment system, we are testing WPKG in my compagny.

It is running fine, but we have a problem with automatic deployment of msi
client.

-> We can manually install msi (by doubliclic on it, or by runnign script
like "msiexec /qn /i "path_to_msi/WPKG Client 1.3.9-32.msi"
SETTINGSFILE="path_to_settings_file\settings.xml""

in this case, no problem WPKG is installed in few seconds.

-> We want now to deploy WPKG through a GPO. it's wotking, but it takes
about 1 hour for "installating WPKG" (before login) and another 1 hour for
"activating computer settings"
 don't know why.

Only WPKG gpo is enable on our testing environnement.

Did you already have this problem ? Somebody use GPO for WPKG client
deployment ?

Many Thanks.

Greg.

  _____

Description : cid:image001.png at 01CA7264.4A850C90

Julien LUC
IT Manager

Furnaces Nuclear Applications Grenoble S.A.S
4, Avenue Charles de Gaulle
38800 Le Pont de Claix
France

Tel.: +33 476 33 25 65
Fax: +33 476 33 30 27
Mobil: +33 689 03 95 92

eMail: j.luc at fnag.eu
Web:  <http://www.fnag.eu/> http://www.fnag.eu

               Membre de / Member of
                          Description : cid:250503207 at 16112009-0B4F
ADVANCED METALLURGICAL GROUP N.V.

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for the
addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error, please
delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord with its
purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial, is
prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. FNAG can not therefore be liable for the message
if modified.

Furnaces Nuclear Applications Grenoble S.A.S.
4 Av. du Général de Gaulle - 38800 Le Pont de Claix, France
Tel: +33 (0)4 76 33 64 40, Fax: +33 (0)4 76 33 30 27
SIRET 49366615000013 - SIREN 493666150 RCS Grenoble - Code NAF 741 G
Société par actions simplifiée (SAS) au capital de 2 229 400 EUR - No
TVA/CEE: FR37493666150