[wpkg-users] déploiement wpkg client

Falko Trojahn nospam_ft at smi-softmark.de
Thu Mar 3 16:18:16 CET 2011

Am 03.03.2011 15:42, schrieb Gregory LAVILLA:

> Hello,
>

> To improve our deployment system, we are testing WPKG in my compagny.
>
> It is running fine, but we have a problem with automatic deployment of
> msi client.
>
> -> We can manually install msi (by doubliclic on it, or by runnign
> script like "msiexec /qn /i "/path_to_msi//WPKG Client 1.3.9-32.msi"
> SETTINGSFILE="/path_to_settings_file/\settings.xml""
>
> in this case, no problem WPKG is installed in few seconds.
>
> -> We want now to deploy WPKG through a GPO. it's wotking, but it takes
> about 1 hour for "installating WPKG" (before login) and another 1 hour
> for "activating computer settings"… don't know why.
>
> Only WPKG gpo is enable on our testing environnement.
>

> Did you already have this problem ? Somebody use GPO for WPKG client
> deployment ?

This sounds like wpkginst is not getting the settings.xml and
waits as usual for doing the settings manually, then the installer hits
a timeout and kills it.

Did you try http://wpkg.org/files/client/beta/1.3.14/ ?

And I think I remember a issue where I had to use UNC naming for the
settings file (and not: f:\path\settings.xml)

HTH
Falko