[wpkg-users] Updating wpkg client settings via Active Directory

Alan Adams alan at adamshome.org.uk
Thu Nov 24 20:36:28 CET 2011

I have the wpkg client msi set up, with a settings/xml file in the
same folder, and distribute it via Active Directory. This works well.
However if I need to change the settings file, redeploying the package
doesn't update the settings. I *think* redeploying uses msiexec
/update to operate. My suspicion is that the settings file is only
imported into the client with msiexec /install. Am I right, and if so
can it be changed?

At the moment I have to create a new AD package and deploy it to
update settings. Not only that, but I need to remove the previous AD
package first. While this works, I want to minimise the traffic on the
wireless network, particularly during startup, as it has a serious
impact on lessons.

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan at adamshome.org.uk