[wpkg-users] setting variables depending on hostnames

Peter Beck peter at datentraeger.li
Tue Nov 29 01:46:07 CET 2011

Hi guys,

is it possible to set different values for a variable depending on the
hostname ? I have different installations for Acrobat 8 each with its
own serial number. Now I'd like to read all of these serials within the
package or even better from the profile-definitions (I think it would be
better to set the serials in a company-based profile to "isolate" the
serials from different companies but using the same package everywhere...)

something like this "idea":

   <check type="host" condition="hostname" value="host1" />  -> serial1
   <check type="host" condition="hostname" value="host2" />  -> serial2
   <check type="host" condition="hostname" value="host3" />  -> serial3

If it's just on serial for a customer, I am using a variable in a
company-based profile.xml, but with different serials for the same
package, it's a little bit confusing ... ;-)

How do you guys handle such issues ?

Thanks
Peter