[wpkg-users] os="windows xp" in WPKG 1.2

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Fri Nov 11 15:12:12 CET 2011

Hi Simon,

On 11.11.2011 14:34, simon.begin at institutsmq.qc.ca wrote:

> Hi,
> Working with I'm trying to separate packages that belongs to either Windows XP
> or Windows 7.
>
> I packages.xml I add this line::
> <package
> os="windows xp"
> id="Java1.6.0_15"
> (...)
> but it does not work. no info at all in debug.
>
> I tried it in hosts.xml file, and it does work well ::
> <host name="pc.+" os="windows xp" profile-id="defaut" />
>
> Is it supposed to work in packages.xml ??

There is no advanced host matchin supported in the <package /> root attribute of
a package. Packages are either assigned to a profile or not. If you want a
specific package to be installed on a specific OS only, then either specify an
advanced host check in the profile or specify such checks for the commands.

And no, there are no plans to add advanced host check attributes to the <package
/> element of packages as packages. Simply use these checks at the location
where you assign a package to a profile.