[wpkg-users] New WPKG features vs. report tool

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 20:39:02 CEST 2011

> So far I have also used WPKG Create Report which is linked on the
> download page. This useful tool is not yet aware of the new
> features and
> the changes in the syntax. I guess that will take quite some
> effort and
> time for implementing an update to this tool.

I have been in contact with the maintainer of "WPKG create Report".
He is currently engaged in other things, so it will take some time for an update.

> The next step could be to
> - have a parameter for supplying the path of a local settings
> file which
> is to be analysed,

There is no easy solution for this yet.
You can specify a server-side copy of the local "database" of any client for examination by using the /config:<path> switch to a
config.xml file, which only contains the "settings_file_name" and "settings_file_path" properties.
This config.xml file would be created on-the-fly by the script.

Sure it would be much easier, if we could use a command line switch for this.
In addition we would need another command line switch, which instructs wpkg.js to retrieve the host attributes from the specified
wpkg.xml file instead of the current host.

The last piece would be a parser of the output of the /query:im switch to create the HTML page.

I will open some enhancement requests according the two missing wpkg.js switches, if Rainer thinks they are worth to be included.

---
Stefan