[wpkg-users] New WPKG features vs. report tool

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Sat Oct 22 01:37:16 CEST 2011

Hi Stefan,

I've implemented /query:s and /query:l to query these tags from the (l)ocal host
or the (s)ettings database and print it on screen. So a reporting tool could
point it to a settings file using /settings:<path> /query:s to fetch all host
attributes.

NEW: Implemented new query parameters:
          s - List host attributes from settings (wpkg.xml).
          l - List host attributes read from local host.
      The "s" option is mainly implemented for statistical and reporting
      purpose. If the local settings database (settings.xml) is copied to any
      host, then this option allows to query the host information attributes
      stored in wpkg.xml. It's supposed to be used with the /settings:<path>
      option therefore.
      e.g. wpkg.js /settings:\\server\share\wpkg-<HOSTNAME>.xml /query:s
      This will show the host attributes of of <HOSTNAME> as enclosed within the
      XML datastructure.
      The "l" option has been mainly implemented for testing purposes. It can
      be used to debug the host attribute parameters read by WPKG. It will
      always read the host attributes from the host wpkg.js is run on.