[wpkg-users] issue with 1.2.1-RC25?

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Sat Oct 22 01:40:10 CEST 2011

Hi again,

On 21.10.2011 20:53, Rainer Meier wrote:
> E.g. before reading the package
> HOST: SOFTWARE
> SETTINGS
> VAR1
> VAR2
> PROFILE: VAR3
> VAR4
>

> Then a package which replaces SOFTWARE:
> HOST: SETTINGS
> VAR1
> VAR2
> PROFILE: VAR3
> VAR4
> PACKAGE: SOFTWARE
>

> Then WPKG starts to evaluate the variables. So as you see you have to be careful
> since the SOFTWARE variable in this case cannot be used any more by SETTINGS,
> VAR1, VAR2... as it will be defined as the last variable in the list.
>

> Hmm, actually when I think about this is not ideal... Let me think about this.

I have changed this. Duplicated variables included somewhere in the variable
tree are now just evaluated as many times as they appear.

So for example:

HOST:    SOFTWARE
          SETTINGS
          VAR1
          VAR2
PROFILE: VAR3
          VAR4

Turns into:

Then a package which replaces SOFTWARE:
HOST:    SOFTWARE
          SETTINGS
          VAR1
          VAR2
PROFILE: VAR3
          VAR4
PACKAGE: SOFTWARE

Assuming that the package defines SOFTWARE as well. It even allows to define
"SOFTWARE=%SOFTWARE\..." on package level, referring to previous value of
%SOFTWARE%.

Changes 2011-10-22, v1.2.1-RC29 by Rainer Meier <r.meier (at) wpkg.org>
MOD: Improved variable handling. Now variables can overwrite previously defined
      variables even if they are defined recursively.
      For example it is possible to "extend" a previously defined variable in
      hosts with a variable defined in profiles or packages. So the following
      is valid now:
      Hosts:       SOFTWARE=\\host\software-share
                   SETTINGS\\host\settings-share
                   VAR1=test
      Profiles:    SOFTWARE=%SOFTWARE%\subdirectory
                   VAR2=test
      Package:     SOFTWARE=%SOFTWARE%\subdir-of-subdir