[wpkg-users] New WPKG features vs. report tool

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 20:01:04 CEST 2011

> I've changed order of initialization now. I've also removed
> some debug output
> for query mode to work around the issue as some information
> is only queried for
> debug purposes.
>
> I did run both, your use-case as well as a wpkg-test suite
> run with 1.2.1-RC34
> which completed successfully.
>
> Changes 2011-10-22, v1.2.1-RC34 by Rainer Meier <r.meier (at)
> wpkg.org>
> FIX: If executed in remote query mode WPKG failed if there
> was no profile
>       assigned to the host executing WPKG (the remote host).
>       Initialization of debug messages about assigned
> profiles has been delayed
>       and for queries this information is skipped.
>       Fixes issue reported by Stefan Pendl. Thank you!

Hi Rainer,

I have just done a further check with RC34 and got the expected results from the server-side query ;-D

Thanks you for the fix and enhancement to the query.

Now I can continue testing the rest.

----

BTW, I have now used the new condition syntax for assigning a package to my VMs only as you can see from the DesktopPC profile and
it works correctly.
It is so much easier, if one can exclude a single host or just a few out of many by using the NOT condition.
This will really simplify many things at work.

---
Stefan