[wpkg-users] troubles with 1.2.1 RC38

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Thu Oct 27 14:33:42 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 27.10.2011 12:54, jurgen.depicker at let.be wrote:
> I'm trying out RC38 and it simply doesn't work, although I have no issues for
> the 1.2 release (note: the 'test' profile uses a package which only works for
> the RC release).
>
> Wpkg.js cannot find the profiles, although it does find them ;-).

I think I know what happens, I just don't know yet why it happens. :)

> 2011-10-27 12:51:20, DEBUG : Profile file contains 8
> profiles:|'default'|'custom'|'extra'|'other'|'NokiaSync'|'LibreUsers'|'Test'|'Test-64'
>
> 2011-10-27 12:51:20, DEBUG : Using profile(s): |'default,LibreUsers,extra,Test'
> 2011-10-27 12:51:20, ERROR : Message: Could not locate referenced
> profile(s):|default,LibreUsers,extra,Test|Description: Could not locate
> referenced profile(s):|default,LibreUsers,extra,Test|Error number: NaN|Stack:
> undefined|Line: undefined|

It looks like the list of applying profiles is somehow ending up in a
concatenated variable containing "default,LibreUsers,extra,Test" instead of each
profile in a separate array element.

I will check it. Maybe it happens on XP only.

I will let you know as soon as a fix is available.

NOTE: The next commit will come with a reworked sample set of database files
(packages.xml, profiles.xml, hosts.xml) which make use of the new command
structure. Including also updated documentation and comments.