[wpkg-users] Do file time checks take daylight savings time into account?

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Sun Oct 30 19:01:31 CET 2011

Hi Stefan,

On 30.10.2011 18:46, Stefan Pendl wrote:
> Hi Rainer,
>
> It seems that file time checks do not take daylight savings time into account.
>
> All the file time checks are failing today, where they have been working until yesterday.

 > Firefox\extensions\en-GB at dictionaries.addons.mozilla.org\install.rdf' is
 > Sun Oct 23 17:05:07 UTC+0200 2011 which isn't equal to the
 > comparison date Sun Oct 23 18:05:07 UTC+0200 2011 check failed.

This is a very interesting finding.
Especially since the time zone seems not have changed but rather the file
modification date returned by the OS as of today is different today.

So
Sun Oct 23 18:05:07 UTC+0200 2011
seems have changed to
Sun Oct 23 17:05:07 UTC+0200 2011

Especially it puzzles me why it's not returning
Sun Oct 23 17:05:07 UTC+0100 2011

now which would be the same time normalized to timezones.

Not sure if there is any API to deal with this issue. I will have to
investigate. It might be able to detect whether a data is in DST but this
introduces other problems since DST range might be different in various locations.