[wpkg-users] OS and architecture checks

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue Sep 6 10:39:43 CEST 2011

Hi David,

On 30.08.2011 11:10, David Petterson wrote:
> I would like to use the same commands for all OS (with the same
> architecture) but one. Is it possible to create a logical NOT or set
> multiple OS within the os= option?

Extended host matches are interpreted as regular expressions. So feel free to
define a regular expression which matches all but one of the OS.

Extended host matches always will have to match all the attributes you specify.
So if you use an os=... attribute it has to match. Just make sure it matches all
the OS you want to apply the command while it does not match the one you don't
want it to apply.

> At the moment I want to make Itunes install on all computers with
> Windows XP (32bit) and Windows 7 (64bit) but NOT on XP 64bit.

Actually for iTunes there is an edition vor 64-bit host OS and one for 32-bit.
The 32-bit edition is supposed to work on XP-x86 and Win7-x86 while the 64-bit
edition is supposed to work on XP-x64 and Win7-x64.
There is currently no logical grouping of extended host attribute matching, but
you might just duplicate the commands and make sure only one applies to a
specific host.

Honestly I don't like the approach too much myself and I am always calling a
simple CMD shell script which queries host information and decides which
installer to run. So I am running the same cmd script for all OS and architectures.