[wpkg-users] Problem with 64bit version of WPKG on WinXP 64

Kyle Conti kconti at boston-engineering.com
Thu Aug 9 19:38:08 CEST 2012

Hello WPKGUSERS ,

I have been running into this issue where I have to reconfigure/reinstall WPKG on a computer after a system (Windows XP 64bit) restart. This doesn't happen on Windows XP Professional SP3. We are going to be moving to Windows 7 64bit very soon, and I would really not like to have to repair WPKG everytime I want to do a forceupdate.

When I do try to run forceupdate after a computer restart, the script kicks off and quickly ends. A repair pointing to our settings file fixes this and am able to do a forceupdate. Is this a known issue on 64bit machines? I am indeed using the 64-bit version of WPKG on the 64-bit machines. I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks!

Regards,

Kyle Conti , IT Engineer
Boston Engineering Corporation
300 Bear Hill Rd. | Waltham, MA 02451 | 781-314-0753