[wpkg-users] OT good free (cross platform? open sourced?) XML editor that checks xsd schema online?

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 11:52:31 CET 2012

Am 18.01.2012 11:42, schrieb Urs Rau (UK):
> Sorry for this very much wpkg project related but nevertheless probably
> slightly Off Topic question.
>
> What free (open sourced ? / or even cross platform? ) XML Editor that
> actually checks the XSD schema files are you guys using?
> Now that we have xsd files for wpkg it would seem sensible to use an XML
> Editor that makes good use of it?
>
> Does anyone know if it can be added to Notepad++ , somehow?

You can utilize XSD files using the XML-Tools add-on for Notepad++.

You need to change the name-space to something like:

<packages:packages xmlns:packages="http://www.wpkg.org/packages"
xmlns:wpkg="http://www.wpkg.org/wpkg"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/packages.xsd" >

The XML-Tools don't recognize the name-space without the
"xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation" property.

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting: