[wpkg-users] Setting a variable in a profile doesnt over-rides that set in a package

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 19:55:08 CET 2012

Am 20.01.2012 10:46, schrieb ladiko at web.de:
> Hello Malte,
>
> i don't remember where i read it, but someone complained that setting an
> environment variable in the wpkg client for the wpkg logfile path
> doesn't work as it's not expanded. That's why i have to use hard codes
> paths.
>
> Anyway, according to the wpkg documentation, that i posted, it should
> also be possible to override a environment variables inside wpkg. But
> yes, this is not what i am looking for.
>
> I talk about the path to the logfile that i have to set in the
> settingsfile which can be used to import the settings or automatically
> install the wpkg client.

Quote from config.xml:

* Path where the logfiles are written to. This might be an UNC path on the
* network as well as a local path. Environment variables are expanded.
*
* Examples:
*     <param name='log_file_path' value='%TEMP%' />
*     <param name='log_file_path' value='\\\\server\\share\\dir' />
*
* Default value      : "%TEMP%"
* Command-line switch: /log_file_path:<path>

So you can use environment variables to specify the log file path.

I would leave the WPKG client settings as generic as possible.

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting: