[wpkg-users] wpkg on samba server + windows xp + domain environment + wpkg-gp

Jürgen Echter j.echter at echter-kuechen-elektro.de
Sat Jul 14 10:48:51 CEST 2012

Hi,

sorry if this question is odd to you, but i don't get it...

i have installed wpkg on a samba share, i installed wpkg-gp on my admin
box, added wpkg.adm to my poledit NTConfig.POL and set it up.

NTConfig.POL was copied into pdc's and bdc's netlogon dir

i hope i did it the right way though.

If i run cscript \\server\wpkg\wpkg.js /synchronize /debug manually on
the client computer i got told software installation successfully, but
nothing is installed.

i'd like to have wpkg got hooked while login.

my config files look like this (profiles.xml was untouched as profile
'other' should hook in, same for hosts.xml):

packages.xml

<package
   id="thunderbird"
   name="Mozilla Thunderbird"
   revision="%version%"
   reboot="false"
   priority="10">

<variable name="version" value="10.0.5esr" />
<variable name="architecture" value="x86" />
<variable name="locale" value="fi" />

<check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="Mozilla Thunderbird
%version% (%architecture% %locale%)" />

<install cmd='"%SOFTWARE%\thunderbird\Thunderbird Setup %version%.exe"
-ms' />

<upgrade cmd='taskkill /F /IM thunderbird.exe'>
<exit code="0" />
<exit code="128" />
</upgrade>

<upgrade cmd='"%SOFTWARE%\thunderbird\Thunderbird Setup %version%.exe"
-ms' />

<remove cmd='taskkill /F /IM thunderbird.exe'>
<exit code="0" />
<exit code="128" />
</remove>

<!-- for 32bit and 64bit System -->
<remove cmd='%COMSPEC% /C if exist "%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla
Thunderbird\uninstall\helper.exe" "%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla
Thunderbird\uninstall\helper.exe" -ms' />
<remove cmd='%COMSPEC% /C if exist "%PROGRAMFILES(x86)%\Mozilla
Thunderbird\uninstall\helper.exe" "%PROGRAMFILES(x86)%\Mozilla
Thunderbird\uninstall\helper.exe" -ms' />

</package>

i created dir thunderbird on \\server\wpkg\ and copied Thunderbird Setup
10.0.5esr.exe in there.

share config (smb.conf):

[global]
security = user

[wpkg]
    comment = Windows Packager
    path = /shares/wpkg
    read only = yes
    browseable = no

my poledit settings for wpkg-gp attached as pictures.

any hints whats wrong in my environment?

thanks on advance

regards

juergen