[wpkg-users] Help me please..

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 21:18:45 CEST 2012

Am 30.07.2012 11:28, schrieb Hamza K.:
> Hi Stefan thanks for your answer.
> My problem is if i install a package with wpkg using versiongreaterorequal.
> The Package will be installed or upgraded but not removed.
> I think that is not versiongreaterorequal that makes update or remove.
> In the log i see this: 1.9.1 <=> 1.9.0 before i use versiongreaterorequal.
> That means WPKG checks for version and NOT VERSIONGREATEROREQUAL i think.
> I think i am in the right. But if i want remove the package WPKG does
> nothing because he cant find the Programm wit the VERSIONGREATEROREQUAL.
> It were be very nice if you can Help me.
> And sorry for my bad English.
> Hamza Yaman

Hamza,

Always use "Reply to all" (Allen Antworten), so the mailing list gets a
copy.

Best you only send messages to the mailing list and not to individual
persons.
(Am besten Du sendest die Nachricht nur an die Gruppe und nicht an
einzelne Personen.)

Attached find a version of the package that now waits for the
application to be removed.
In addition I have shortened the lines and got rid of the embedded quotes.
There have been other syntax errors by dangling quotes too.

NSIS is a bad installer when it comes to removing the application, since
it creates a new process, which in turn results in the application not
being removed correctly.
This can be prevented by the _?={installation path} command line switch,
which is included in the NSIS template.

Make sure to use the latest WPKG version 1.3.0 for this package.

If you still have problems, post the log file so the group can have a
look at it, and don't send messages only to me!!

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting: