[wpkg-users] MSI + MST: MST somewhat ignored when silent install

Paul McGrath J.P.McGrath at leeds.ac.uk
Tue May 15 07:29:53 CEST 2012

Hi Mathieu,
  as well as the /PASSIVE already suggested sometimes an Installshield installer will only run from a mapped drive letter path and not a UNC.  I have one app which I have to copy to the local C drive to run with /PASSIVE.  Usually just /TRANSFORMS="%SOFTWARE%/app/apptrans.mst" works for my installshield apps even if it is specified in the setup.ini I still put it on the cmd line as the setup.exe doesn't seem to know to look for the setup.ini in the folder it has been run from.
  Play with some other silent switches like (capitals) /S, /SILENT, /VERYSILENT.
  Most of my installshield installers have required me to record (-r) a setup.ISS file wihhch you then put after the setup.exe with a -s -f1%SOFTWARE%\app\setup.iss.  It depends on the version of Installshield your program uses.
Paul