[wpkg-users] MSI + MST: MST somewhat ignored when silent install

Mathieu Simon mathieu.sim at gmail.com
Wed May 16 10:36:13 CEST 2012

G'day all

Thanks for Paul and Geoff's answers - I wanted to answer when I had
the opportunity to try another time. The installshield wasn't one with
.iss - the logs clearly showed it was only doing a custom install but
other customization like Icons and so forth were recognized by the MST
install.

I finally stumbled upon the variable INSTALLEVEL which had the value 100.
When found this document over here:
http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalID=Q103232
I tried Installlevel = 150 and it worked also silently - yay :-)

Just need to wrap this up in a nice WPKG xml and make up the 3 other
parts of this software. I hope I can give back the MST and XML into
the wiki seems to be a software our german Bio and Chemistry teachers
seem to like so (too) much ;-)

Thank you guys!

-- Mathieu