[wpkg-users] packages not installing/upgrading

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 20:39:43 CEST 2012

Am 12.09.2012 19:43, schrieb Carlos R. Pasqualini:

> As I understand the <check /> does not have any inference in the
> decision of upgrading or downgrading a package.

The checks are defined to make sure the version to be installed with the
current package is installed correctly.

In general this means different things in different situations.

1) initial install (no entry in local wpkg.xml file):
    check if software is already installed to prevent double installation

2) upgrade and downgrade (previous entry in local wpkg.xml file):
    check if up-/downgrade really succeeded
    this can be changed with some package attributes to check before
    up-/downgrading

3) remove (package is no longer applied through a profile):
    make sure the package is installed before it will be removed

----

What does the number after the hyphen mean in your version number?

x.y.z-a ... what means "a"?

In general this should be solvable by using:
     <downgrade include="remove"/>
     <downgrade include="install"/>

--
Stefan P.