[wpkg-users] Software installs but end user can access it

Antony Awaida antony at bizappcenter.com
Wed Mar 13 02:38:02 CET 2013

Hi Everyone;

First of all, I want to thank everyone on this forum for being very
helpful and I hope to return the favor(s) as soon as possible.

We are running WPKG as a service (this is to avoid triggering the
UAC). WPKG seems to run correctly, the WPKG.xml is updated correctly.
The msi log says that the software was installed and the software
appears in Program Files.

The problem is that the software does not show up in the start menu -
even for users who are administrators.  I tried adding the property
ALLUSERS=1 to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Antony