[wpkg-users] Software installs but end user can access it

heiko.helmle at horiba.com heiko.helmle at horiba.com
Wed Mar 13 08:20:56 CET 2013

> The problem is that the software does not show up in the start menu -
> even for users who are administrators.  I tried adding the property
> ALLUSERS=1 to no avail.

In most cases that's a bug in the MSI. There are certain MSIs that install
the Icons in the userprofile and ignore the ALLUSERS property. You'll
probably find the icons and start menu entries in the SYSTEM-profile (
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile on Vista+ or probably
C:\Windows\SysWOW6432\config\systemprofile on 64bit systems).

If the MSI creator won't repair his MSI you'll have to move those to
%ALLUSERSPROFILE% manually or scripted.

Best Regards
Heiko