[wpkg-users] howto update wpkg.xml?

Adam Thorn alt36 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 7 10:53:43 CET 2013

> Howto get rid of the invalid wpkg.xml entry without re-installing the
> package on all clients or deleting the wpkg.xml?

You can just edit the local copy of wpkg.xml in windows\system32 and
delete the package definition for the problematic package; i.e.
everything from

<package id="adobereader"... >
.
.
.
</package>

which will leave the rest of the already installed packages untouched
but should really force wpkg to pick up the Adobe Reader package
definition from the server again. I suspect that your <check> condition
for the package might not be doing quite the right thing, so it would
probably be worth double-checking that.

Adam