[wpkg-users] Prompt to allow use to chose to install a package?

Paul McGrath J.P.McGrath at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Apr 3 22:00:18 CEST 2014

Hi,
  Since wpkg is run as a system service is it possible to run a single package at a user level, yet still install as admin, or prompt the user to 'skip' the package?
  I have a vbscript which determines if a process is running (.e.g firefox.exe) and will prompt a user whether they want to save their work and quit the software or whether to cancel the upgrade.  However this

I usually run wpkgservice at startup but if I want to perform an update to a system during the day some 'taskkill' could result in lost work for the end user.

What advice does everyone have?  Has anyone managed this?  Is it a none starter?
thanks
Paul