[wpkg-users] WPKG and Windows 8 quirks

Krzysztof Gibas service at lukas-bch.com.pl
Fri Apr 11 12:34:00 CEST 2014

2014-04-11 10:57, Nils Thiele wrote:

> Hey,
> anynews on the wpkg at shutdown package?
> We have wpkg-gp running fine on most systems at startup but there are
> a few system who really need this running at shutdown instead.
> I would like to test your script/package on our systems if it would
> help you (all windows7-x64, maybe 8.1 in future)

I still haven't compiled whole installer, but if you want, you can
manually replace WPKGSrv.exe . Package is here: http://sdrv.ms/1bNgUVU

Remember that you have to stop service before and add PreshutdownTimeout
DWORD value (in miliseconds) in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WpkgService

I'm posting to the list also because I've made error before specifying
registry key (gpsvc instead of WpkgService).

Regards,
Chris