[wpkg-users] WPKG and Windows 8 quirks

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Fri Apr 4 23:01:51 CEST 2014

Hi Frank,

On 04.04.2014 22:50, Frank Morawietz wrote:
> Nice idea!

But it might not be necessary any more according to answer from Krzystof.
However for me it turned out to be sufficiently reliable as I run WPKG client on
Windows boot with delayed autostart and service configured to terminate after
execution. The latter is important for me as I hate having useless services
running all the time so I really love the feature to have WPKG client executed
once at boot and then terminate completely. So it's really OFF and not consuming
any resources during daily work.

>> Here's a task export:
>> <http://pastebin.com/hydmjjgS>
>
> Thanks for the example. At first sight, I thought it was a WPKG definition and I
> got quite confused. But it's an export of the Windows task, isn't it?

Yes, it's Windows task export. Import it using

schtasks /create /XML "\path\to\task.xml" /RU "SYSTEM" /TN "\WPKG\run-at-boot"

The TN path will also insert the task into subfolder on task scheduler library.

> P.S.: Eigentlich könnten wir auch deutsch schreiben, oder?   ;-)

Yes we could, but I have copied the list as my response clarifies some things
about the task I have posted and I would like everyone to be informed about
this. Please keep sending responses to the list as well.

:)