[wpkg-users] Best practice for Copying a folder and the WPKG Check that its correct

Patrick CAHILL pjcah0 at eq.edu.au
Wed Aug 20 05:48:27 CEST 2014

Hi All,
I want to make sure I am doing this in the best possible way.

I have a few packages that are just folder copying.
They have either just documents or shortcuts, nothing thats actually installed or must be present for the entire package to be considered complete.

I am unsure of the best WPKG Check to make sure the entire folder structure has come down.

Things I am unsure of:
If RoboCopy doesnt copy the entire folder, I dont think that RoboCopy or WPKG rolls back the failed copy and deletes those files/folders which leads me to...

I cant use Check File exists since each file is independant of the others and the presence of a particular one doesnt mean the entire package is there (well I could but I would have to write a check for each file in the folder bleh)

I cant use Check Folder exists because the folder contents might not be completely copied.

Several options I have seen that might work in a Check Execute:
Windows command "COMP", will compare two folders but will not recurse subdirectories which will make the command file more complex.
RoboCopy /e /l /log:, will recurse but the log file will have to be parsed

Does anyone know of the best way to do this?

--
thanks
-Pat Cahill