[wpkg-users] Skype MSI Uninstall String

Marco schmidt at fgcz.ethz.ch
Thu Dec 11 16:06:27 CET 2014

We had the discussion about such a script already in October.
[wpkg-users] GetMSIProperties

Some remarks on your statements:
1. the "UninstallString" usually does not do a silent uninstall.
For "silent uninstall" the string has to be modified. Which makes it
hard for a general solution.
But a special solution for msi is easy, depending on the scripting
language (cmd.exe, powershell, vbscript, autoit, ...)
Don't forget that there are different registry trees for 32 and 64bit
application uninstalls.

2. If you install skype (or any software) with wpkg, the "remove" part
is stored in the wpkg database.
As long as only WPKG does install or upgrade software, there is no need
to put all previous uninstall strings in the remove parts.

Isn't Skype Business moving to replace "Microsoft Lync"?
http://www.heise.de/ix/meldung/Microsofts-Lync-geht-in-Skype-auf-2452239.html
I guess there will soon be some major changes in the Skype-Business
installation.

Greetings ...
  Marco