[wpkg-users] windows 7 updates

Nicolas Briche nbriche at free.fr
Thu Feb 6 14:50:18 CET 2014

Le 2014-02-06 14:05, Joe Konecny a écrit :
> Is anyone have a method for applying windows 7 updates through wpkg?
> Everything
> we try we run into a brick wall because it needs an elevated command
> prompt.
>
> What we are attempting is this...
>
> http://wpkg.org/Heise_Offline-Update
>
> ...but it fails because of this...
>
> cmd /c cmd\DoUpdate.cmd /instie8
> >%SystemDrive%\netinst\wpkg\offlineupdate.log
>
> ...needs run with an elevated command prompt.  My user that wpkg runs
> under is
> a domain admin but even as an admin you apparently don't have admin
> privileges
> in a command prompt unless you right click on cmd.exe and select run
> as administrator.
> Any ideas?

Have you tried running DoUpdate.cmd without cmd /c?

As in :

<install cmd="%SOFTWARE%\cmd\DoUpdate.cmd /instie8
 >%SystemDrive%\netinst\wpkg\offlineupdate.log" />

I use some .cmd scripts here and there, and I just run them as-is.

Or you could try

<install cmd="%COMSPEC% /c %SOFTWARE%\cmd\DoUpdate.cmd /instie8
 >%SystemDrive%\netinst\wpkg\offlineupdate.log" />

which is, if I'm not mistaken, the correct way to invoke cmd.

N.