[wpkg-users] Again, issues with java latest update 7u51

Carlos Gomes - STI Unesp Franca cgomes at franca.unesp.br
Mon Jan 20 16:07:00 CET 2014

Thanks everyone, I'll try the suggestions and post up any updates.

Mostly of the errors Iv searched I think will be ran over by all keys on
Falko's script. Thanks very much, your package for java seems very
complete, ill try to implement it up here as well.

Danke!

2014/1/20 Marco Gaiarin <gaio at sv.lnf.it>

> Mandi! Cedric Frayssinet
>   In chel di` si favelave...
>
> >     <install cmd='%COMSPEC% /C copy /Y "%SOFTWARE%\java\installer.dll"
> "%PROGRAMFILES%\Java\jre7\bin\"'><exit code='any' /></install>
>
> But, where you add that? I've done some tests, and in mi 32bit box
> (mostly winxp) seems a ''timing issue'', eg the installer (probably
> after they have uninstalled the old java version) start to unpack files
> but for some reason run something that need installer.dll before is is
> in place.
> So, i think the only way to make that wors is:
>
> a) uninstall old version before install (eg, not let the new installer
>  to that)
>
> b) create folders and put the file in place before starting the
>  installer
>
> seems to me that does not make sense: installation hangs exactly on the
> start of the install phase, so it is a ''clean'' state and next wpkg
> run will di the job.
>

> Instead, in xp 32bit i get very often a complain about some
> certificates, in installation. Also that happens on the end of the
> install, so next run will fix it, but it is annoying.
> Someone know how to fix it?
>

> Thanks.
>
> --
> dott. Marco Gaiarin                                     GNUPG Key ID:
> 240A3D66
>   Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''
> http://www.sv.lnf.it/
>   Polo FVG   -   Via della Bontà, 7 - 33078   -   San Vito al Tagliamento
> (PN)
>   marco.gaiarin(at)lanostrafamiglia.it   t +39-0434-842711   f
> +39-0434-842797
>
>                 Dona il 5 PER MILLE a LA NOSTRA FAMIGLIA!
>            http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/chi_siamo/5xmille.php
>         (cf 00307430132, categoria ONLUS oppure RICERCA SANITARIA)

[]'s
Carlos Gomes
Assistente de Informática II - STI
skype: cgomes.unesp