[wpkg-users] Retrieving a program's version

Frank Morawietz nestolea at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 21:09:51 CET 2014

> Or, if you'd like to play with something maybe a little overkill,
> there's OCSInventory.
>
> Or, for something _certainly_ overkill, GLPI with FusionInventory.

Thanks for your answer.

I agree, a solution like OCSI would be overkill. And it requires a
dedicated server.
The reason, why I chose WPKG in favour of OSCI or OPSI, was that I
didn't want an additional server running all the time. The simplicity of
WPKG, that requires only a network share, makes it superior for small
and home networks in my opinion.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts,
Frank
--