[wpkg-users] Virtual package?

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 22:09:19 CET 2014

Am 03.11.2014 um 12:07 schrieb Marco Gaiarin:
> Mandi! Stefan Pendl
>    In chel di` si favelave...
>
>> I do have "virtual" packages that have execute set to once, they
>> only contain include directives.
> Ok.
>

>> Some examples below.
> Ok, but all checks are enabled in an <include /> stanza?! EG, i can do
> something like that?
>
>    <package
> 	id="libreoffice"
> 	name="LibreOffice Virtual Package"
> 	revision="20141103:1"
> 	reboot="false"
> 	priority="25">		<!-- Lower the priority (default 50) so they get installed after the real LO. -->
>
> 	<!-- be sure we include LO 'still' if no one are installed -->
> 	<include package-id="libreoffice-still">
> 	  <condition>
>              <check type="logical" condition="not">
> 	      <check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="LibreOffice \d\.\d\.\d\.\d" />
> 	    </check>
> 	  </condition>
> 	</include>
>    </package>

Instead of include, you can also use depend if you need to make sure
that the "physical" packages are installed on which the other package is
depending on.
The priority is not significant, since the "virtual" packages just add
the "physical" packages to the package queue.

You can do any checking in the condition as outlined by the
specification of the condition keyword.

For example:

1) LibreOffice depends on Java
2) Java depends on JRE7 or JRE8 based on the check conditions

If JRE7 or JRE8 are not installed successfully LibreOffice won't get
installed, since the dependency chain failed.

I do have two environments, you may say two directories containing the
WPKG XML files, one for testing and one for production.
I have some dedicated testing systems that inherit the testing
environment, so I can easily check any changes for correctness.
If a change is approved, the productive environment is updated with
WinMerge to contain the changes.
Most of the time both folders are the same and they share one software
repository, so only the XML files are duplicated.

I usually change things based on the change.log provided by Rainer with
the WPKG distribution.

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting: