[wpkg-users] My java-7 package keeps reinstalling itself

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 22:19:59 CET 2014

Am 24.11.2014 um 14:51 schrieb Frederic Bergeron:
> **
> Hi again,
>
> In the java_x86.log file, I could see that the 1603 error was caused
> because the java was already installed.  So I added an exitCode='1603'
> and it fixed the problem. There was also another similar problem with
> another install command.  I added the appropriate exitCode and it
> seems to work fine now.  I didn't know the /L option.  That was very
> helpful.
>
> Concerning FlashPlayer, I removed the file tests and it works fine now.
>
> Thanks a lot for your help.

I would not add the exit code 1603 as being successful, since it can
have many reasons.

I would change the package to always check if there is already the same
or a higher version installed.

<package id="JRE8"
     name="Java Runtime Environment 8"
     revision="%JRE_VER%"
     reboot="false"
     priority="10"
     precheck-upgrade="always">

The attribute "precheck-upgrade" will force WPKG to run the checks
before the package is upgraded, so you avoid problems with packages that
don't upgrade if the same version is already installed.

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting: