[wpkg-users] GetMSIProperties

Paul McGrath J.P.McGrath at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Oct 15 12:48:47 CEST 2014

Hi,
  If anyone is interested I can circulate the VBScript or a compiled EXE of a tool I developed for myself.  I just found lots of code online and cobbled it together.
You select the MSI you are working on and it displays a few useful properties and copies the UUID to the clipboard for you to paste into your package XML.  The useful bit I thought was putting the UUID in the clipboard so you don't have to search for it in the registry.
Here is a screen shot of the output

[cid:image001.png at 01CFE86D.F9B287E0]

Regards
Paul

------------------------------
Paul McGrath,
IT Manager for St James's Campus Infrastructure and Facilities (SCIF)
Including Leeds Institute of Biomedical and Clinical Sciences (LIBACS),Leeds Institute of Cancer and Pathology (LICAP),Leeds Institute of Rheumatological and Musculoskeletal Medicine (LIRMM) and St James's Biomedical Services (SBS)
Brenner Building,
School of Medicine,
University of Leeds,
St James's University Hospital,