[wpkg-users] Deploy Mandatory Profile updates?

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 21:43:02 CEST 2014

Am 13.10.2014 um 14:10 schrieb Marco Gaiarin:
> Mandi! Nils Thiele
>    In chel di` si favelave...
>
>> Has someone tried this before?
> No, but i see at least two ''pathway'' for this:
>
> 1) using Active Setup:
> 	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Setup
>
> 2) if the profile does not exist, the user profile are inited using the
>   ''default profile'' (remote/sever side if exist; local if not).
> 	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_profiles_in_Microsoft_Windows
> 	http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/168475
>
> Both are easily ''scriptable'' by WPKG.

Depending on how the software configures its settings, you either copy
files to the %APPDATA% folder of the default user profile or you load
the registry hive of the default user, configure and deploy that.

Copying files is easy, but I never tried replacing the registry hive of
the default user.

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting: