[wpkg-users] Read exitcode of previous install command?

Nils Thiele it.service.kultur at uni-hamburg.de
Fri Dec 11 12:43:28 CET 2015

Hey,
i was creating a package for IE11, we have deactivated it by default but
because some SAP Webinterface wont work on Firefox we now have to
activate it again on some clients (All Windows 7 SP1).

I thought i use the ie11 install package for this and not use dism so
the latest version gets installed right away, if i would use dism on
those clients it would activate iexplorer 8 first and then needs to
install all the update through windows update.

On my WPKG Test System i had Internet Explorer activated allready and it
was updated to the latest version. I deactivated it and ran the
installer but it quits returning exitcode 40008 (Newer Version allready
installed), even tho internet explorer is not installed at the moment.
The Solution would be to use dism here instead of the installer to
activate ie again.
Is there a way to do this inside a wpkg package?

For example run the installer, if exitcode is 40008 run this command?
This is a very rare case but i would like to cover every possible system
and maybe something similiar is needed in the future for another package.

Thanks

--
IT-Support - Fachbereich 09 Kulturgeschichte und Kulturkunde
Universität Hamburg
Email: it.service.kultur at uni-hamburg.de