[wpkg-users] Read exitcode of previous install command?

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Fri Dec 11 13:14:40 CET 2015

Hi Nils,

On 11.12.2015 12:43, Nils Thiele wrote:
> The Solution would be to use dism here instead of the installer to activate ie
> again.
> Is there a way to do this inside a wpkg package?
>
> For example run the installer, if exitcode is 40008 run this command?

I would recommend simply to place a small cmd script on your share and call it
from WPKG.

Contents might be something like:

@echo off
start /wait "IE install" "~dp0IE11-Windows6.1-x64-en-us.exe" /quiet
/closeprograms /norestart

if not %ERRORLEVEL% == 40008 goto skip-dism-install

:: install using dism
dism ......

:: install IE11
start /wait "IE install" "~dp0IE11-Windows6.1-x64-en-us.exe" /quiet
/closeprograms /norestart

:skip-dism-install

exit /b 0

This is just an example and not tested code at all.