[wpkg-users] Applying software restriction policies via WPKG...

Dafydd Jones (techneg.it) dafydd at techneg.it
Mon Jan 5 21:05:18 CET 2015

On 5 January 2015 at 13:31, Marco Gaiarin <gaio at sv.lnf.it> wrote:

> Someone have done some experimentation in WPKG?

Hi Marco,

yes, I have done exactly that after being hit by Cryptolocker back in late
2013.

The key for me is to use a couple of little-known Microsoft tools to apply
local group policy in scriptable form.
The tools are described  here:
http://supportishere.com/how-to-apply-local-group-policy-settings-silently-using-the-importregpol-exe-and-apply_lgpo_delta-exe-utilities/

So, you set up the GPOs/SRP on a test machine, run the tool to convert the
GPO into textual form and then reapply to production machines using wpkg.
It's a pretty blunt method but has done the trick for me over the past year.

Let me know if you need more detailed instructions.

Dafydd