[wpkg-users] Office 2013 Basic UI deployment

Antony Awaida antony at apporto.co
Fri Jun 19 22:49:51 CEST 2015

Hi there:

We have a setup where we allow end users to deploy Office on a BYO basis.
We usually use msiexec /qb! in user context to give the user feedback on
progress and any install issues that may come up.

When we try to run setup.exe with Display level "Basic", WPKG returns the
message: "the requested operation requires elevation" and stops the install
process.

On the other hand, when I run the command setup.exe from the command
prompt, I get the UAC prompt and proceed with the installation.

Any workaround to this problem?

Thanks!

PS: we have been using WPKG on Windows 10 and it seems to be working
flawlessly so far.
--
Antony Awaida
CEO