[wpkg-users] Exit code Java installer

Holger Kröber kroeber at biom.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Nov 11 10:38:51 CET 2015

Hi,

is it a 64-Bit Windows (8) OS and do you deploy Java in the context of
the SYSTEM account?
Then have a look here:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=77777777-0000-0000-0000-000014761812
The problem still persists with Java 8u65. Some people prefer to extract
the MSI from the EXE before installing Java, other (like me) use the
mklink method.
You can test it easily: then you run this package as a normal user,
there should not be any problems.
Also, you can create a log file:
jre-8u65-windows-i586.exe /L "C:\javalog.txt"

If you need further help, i can provide a package with the correct
mklink commands ;)
And don´t waste your time to grumble about Oracle over their Java
installer - i guess they don´t know it better (some people think they do
it on purpose so
they can sell their enterprise MSI installers):

Oracle Java SE Advanced
Extends Java SE with premium management and monitoring features that
help decrease operational costs for Java SE applications.
Category: Fusion Middleware
Type: SW License
US$10,000.00 - US$12,000.00

*lol*