[wpkg-users] Exit code Java installer

Frank Morawietz nestolea at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 22:01:23 CET 2015

Holger Kröber schrieb:
> is it a 64-Bit Windows (8) OS and do you deploy Java in the context of
> the SYSTEM account?

Exactly! But I have several machines with this constellation and only
one of them fails.

> Then have a look here:
> https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=77777777-0000-0000-0000-000014761812

Looks interesting. I will dig deeper and do some more tests.

> Also, you can create a log file:
> jre-8u65-windows-i586.exe /L "C:\javalog.txt"

Very useful also! This should be my next step.

> And don´t waste your time to grumble about Oracle over their Java
> installer - i guess they don´t know it better

Well, I already wasted to much time with this...

> (some people think they doit on purpose so
> they can sell their enterprise MSI installers):
>
> Oracle Java SE Advanced
> Extends Java SE with premium management and monitoring features that
> help decrease operational costs for Java SE applications.
> Category: Fusion Middleware
> Type: SW License
> US$10,000.00 - US$12,000.00

But not THAT MUCH time!   ;-)

Thanks for this information. I will report the results to the list.

Best,
Frank
--
Frank Morawietz